Sunday, February 28, 2010

MojiTEA... or MoTEAto

This time of year, I'm dreaming of sunny days, and a warm Caribbean breeze. Since summertime is several months away, and because I'm nowhere close to the Caribbean, I can at least pretend by making a frosty beverage with a Latin flavor. This is my version of the traditional Cuban beverage, the Mojito.

MojiTEA1

Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1 mint tea bag
8-10 chopped mint leaves
1/4 Cup fresh squeezed lime juice
sugar or sweetener to taste
ice

MojiTEAing1

Boil water and allow mint tea to steep for 3-4 minutes. If you're using sugar, add the sugar to the hot tea to dissolve.
Fill a 16 oz. glass with ice, then pour tea and lime juice into the glass. Add mint leaves. Stir well. You can add more water if the lime flavor is too strong. I LOVE lime, so I left mine alone.

No comments: