Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wannabe Limes and Passion Tea

VariegatedLemon1web

I was strolling through Whole Foods yesterday and spotted these cute little green-striped lemons, called variegated pink lemons. Although they were a little pricey for lemons, I just had to pick up a few to try them out.

VariegatedLemon2web

The wheels in my head started to turn as I was deciding what to use them for. Naturally, the idea for a pink tea came to mind since Valentine's Day is just around the corner. One of my favorite teas just happens to be pink.

TazoPassionweb

There's no real recipe to speak of this time, since this tea has plenty of flavor on its own. However, the juice of these pretty little lemons adds a nice layer of citrus flavor.

PassionwithLemonsWeb

Here's how I made it:
3 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tazo Passion tea bags
Juice of 2 lemons

Heat water and sugar together till boiling. Turn off heat and add 3 tea bags and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice. Pour into 2 tall glasses filled with ice and serve.

No comments: