Saturday, March 24, 2012

Apricot Mandarin Tea

VanAprTeaweb

VanAprPeachPackageweb

Well, it looks like winter is behind us and warmer days are here. It's my favorite season of the year. I will savor these warm and pleasant days because the heat of summer is just around the corner. We'll be needing lots of frosty beverages, especially if it's anything like last summer, with 40 consecutive 100-degree days. I'm building up my tea stash in anticipation of this and I've found a keeper with this one from Tazo. I enhanced it with the juice from a mandarin orange and a bit of sugar, of course.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tazo Vanilla Apricot White Tea bags
Juice from 1 mandarin orange

VanAprTeaBagsWeb

BloodMandarinsweb

Bring 3 cups of water and 1/4 cup sugar to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
Once the water comes to a boil, remove from heat and add 3 tea bags. Allow to steep for 5 minutes and discard tea bags. Add the juice of 1 mandarin orange. Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with orange wedges. Serves 2.

No comments: